- Safety and Security Patrols
- Search and Rescue
- Mass Casualty or Disasters
- Pollution Response & Patrols
- Homeland Security
- Recreational Boating Safety
- Commercial Fishing and Vessel Exams
- Platforms for Boarding Parties
- Recruit for all service in the Coast Guard
In addition to the above, the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary operates in any mission as directed by the Commandant of the U.S. Coast Guard or Secretary of Homeland Security.
- To promote and improve Recreational Boating Safety
- To provide trained crews and facilities to augment the Coast Guard and enhance safety and security of our ports, waterways, and coastal regions
- To support Coast Guard operational, administrative, and logistical Requirements
The Auxiliary has units in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and Guam.